Top 10 Interior Designers in the World – Architecture and design are not static occupations: styles evolve, technologies move forward, challenges move forward. The following respected interior designers represent a fellowship of trailblazers and standard-bearers whose work is imaginative, intelligent, and inspiring. Check it out!
The next interior designers were chosen for their features in their projects, such as sensations, style, color, design, level of projects and awards received. The group has the ten best interior designers in the world. Feel inspired by these professionals and get to know their work a little better.
1) PETER MARINO
2) KELLY WEARSTLER
3) VICTORIA HAGAN
4) HITCHCOX & STARCK- YOO
5) MARMOL RADZINER
6) ALBERTO PINTO
7) RICHARD MEIER & PARTNERS ARCHITECTS
8) ALAN WANZENBERG
9) JOHN BARMAN INC.
10) EMILY SUMMERS
1) PETER MARINO – “I want to create the illusion — and the reality — of sustainability.” These are not the words of Peter Marino; He is related to the late Renzo Mongiardino, one of his greatest influences. But Merino’s work is certainly a symbol of his intelligence. Like the Italian Illusionist, Marino believes in the seamless integration of architecture and interiors and is also an aesthetic polymorphism.
Fashion’s favorite architect is Peter Marino. Design legend, who founded his firm in 1978 after working for Skidmore, Owings and Merrill; George Nelson; And I.M. Pei / Cossutta & Ponte, has designed stores for luxury fashion and jewelry brands including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Bulgari, Hublot, Dior, Fendi, and Graff.
His boutiques, like his residential projects, are known for their luxury materials and impressive art displays. He recently released a new cloth line for Rubelli and unveiled the Louis Vuitton stores in London and Seoul.
2) KELLY WEARSTLER – In 2009, The New Yorker declared Kelly Weerstler a “grand dame presiding over West Coast interior design,” and since then her reach and influence has expanded far beyond California. Trendsetter has shaped the hospitality industry with its designs for Viceroy Hotels and Residences, Four Seasons Anguilla, and more recently, appropriate hotels in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Austin.
On the residential side, her client list includes Cameron Diaz, Ben Stiller and Gwen Stefani, and she has designed lines for her collection of furniture, along with Ann Sachs, Lee Jofa, The Rug Company, George Jensen and Visual Comfort Accessories.
3) VICTORIA HAGAN – Based in New York City, Victoria Hagan’s 26-person firm works on luxury residences across the country, providing a full range of interior design and renovation services, all in their signature classic American style. In addition to interior design services, Victoria Hagan consults closely with her clients from the early stages of a project to guide the design process and identify a team to meet their specific needs, whether they are architecture, lighting design , landscape design, construction and/or project management.
Victoria Hagen has long been respected for its intelligent integration of architecture and interior design. Their design philosophy includes sophisticated use of materials, sophisticated colors and strong silhouettes.
4) HITCHCOX & STARCK- YOO – Since 1999, YOO has worked with international developers, designing historic residential and hotel projects throughout Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, North and South America, and the Middle East.
‘The YOO Studio is a unique design house with cutting edge design experience in over 24 countries. Serving the YOO tribe internationally, the studio has completed individual residences and hotels as well as embodying the visions of Creative Directors Philippe Starck, Marcel Wanders, Jade Jagger and Kelly Hoppen. It gives YOO Studio a unique design DNA that can only come from working with the best of the world.”
5) MARMOL RADZINER – Los Angeles-based top interior design company Marmol Radziner is founded and led by two great architects Leo Marmol and Ron Radziner.
In addition to interior design, the firm offers a full range of design services including architectural design, programming, master planning, landscape design, historic restoration and furniture design. Marmol Radziner specializes in residential, restoration, multifamily, commercial, retail, hospitality, educational and community projects.
Inspired by California Modernists, designers create their projects with care, from big idea to small detail. All their projects have a certain common feature – they are created to bring people closer to nature. Whether designing to the highest standards of sustainable design or creating outdoor rooms that extend daily life into the landscape, the company strengthens its connection to nature through each design choice.
6) ALBERTO PINTO – Borrowing from various cultural influences from his early childhood, Alberto Pinto, an indispensable actor of interior design, has created his works on the interrelationship and mixing of genders ranging from baroque to more to bare to less.
“Alberto Pinto Interior Design suits the eclectic tastes of its international clients by adjusting its decors to each of their desires, as well as adding elegance that strikes a balance within such opulence. Classical or contemporary, intimate or Spacious, comfortable in all subjects letmotive feeling of comfort and the highest quality is expected.
7) RICHARD MEIER & PARTNERS ARCHITECTS – Pritzker Prize and AIA Gold Medalist, Bernini and Borromini as influences as well as Le Corbusier and Louis Kahn, the architect is known for his abstract, often white, buildings and incredibly personal design philosophy.
Meyer is perhaps best known of the group for his use of white in his designs, which he believes enhances the qualities of light in a space: “Whiteness reflects architectural ideas most clearly. Allows to understand—the difference between opacity and transparency, solid and void, structure and surface,” he explains. “They have more clarity.”
8) ALAN WANZENBERG – Authenticity is the defining marker of this New York City architecture and interior-design standout, led by Allen Wanzenberg. The bustling residential projects of the 25-year-old firm, among them a barn-and-stone manor, a country house with a Lutyens-esque countenance, and a honey-toned apartment with a 1930s Parisian air, endowed with stealth and solidity that comes from conventional materials handled efficiently.
Her sumptuous yet restrained interiors have earned her and her firm the respect of leading architects of the Southwest, notably Antoine Predock and Lech. Flato. In pursuit of his soulful contemporary style, Summers continually experiments with intriguing marriages of new materials and textures – a soft wool carpet lapping at the base of a board-mold concrete wall, Venetian plaster with distinctly finished wood.
9) JOHN BARMAN INC. – Glamorous Op Art modernity characterizes the Manhattan interior-design firm of John Berman, as evidenced in the airy high-rise apartments brimming with brightly colored art, textiles, and accessories. (Defining favorites include 20th-century glass, particularly Blenco, and contemporary paintings by powerhouses such as Karen Davey and Ross Blakener.)
10) EMILY SUMMERS – Her sumptuous yet restrained interiors have earned her and her firm the respect of leading architects of the Southwest, notably Antoine Predock and Lech. Flato. In pursuit of his soulful contemporary style, Summers continually experiments with intriguing marriages of new materials and textures – a soft wool carpet lapping at the base of a board-mold concrete wall, Venetian plaster with distinctly finished wood.